|18 May 2015
||New sets from Eastern Europe
Some new sets have just hit the market. First, Ukrainian company Mars have released their latest offerings, which are:
Second, the Polish company First To Fight have now released their latest set, which is number 25 - Bofors 37 mm wz. 36 Polish AT Gun.
- 72082 - Buccaneers
- 72083 - French Infantry & Guards 1650-1700
- 72084 - Tartar Infantry 1600-1700
|6 May 2015
||Polish AT Gun soon
The next installment from First To Fight will be the Bofors 37 mm wz. 36 Polish AT Gun which will come with crew figures, so we will add it to our reviews when it becomes available later this month, although it is only 2 guns and 6 figures.
|19 Apr 2015
||Polish Command appear
The latest offering from First To Fight, Polish Command, has now started appearing at retailers. It contains 18 figures including officers and support weapons.
|10 Apr 2015
||Summer plans from Orion and RedBox
Orion and RedBox have announced their planned releases for the next few months. From Orion there are two sets for World War II:
RedBox on the other hand are concentrating on the late medieval and renaissance period with their offerings:
- ORI72047 - German WW2 Panzer Soldiers Basic Set 2
- ORI72048 - Soviet Assault Group 1945
Wisely there are no release dates as yet, but all look likely to appear this summer.
- RB72055 - Irish Mounted Troops (War of the Roses)
- RB72069 - Turkish Siege Artillery 16th century
- RB72070 - Turkish Siege Artillery 16th-17th century
- RB72071 - Russian Artillery 16th century
- RB72072 - Russian Artillery 17th century
- RB72073 - Battlefield Accessory Set 16th-17th century
- RB72074 - Stradioti Set 1. 16th century
- RB72075 - Stradioti Set 2. 16th century
- RB72076 - Jinetes Set 1. 16th century
- RB72077 - Jinetes Set 2. 16th century
|30 Mar 2015
||New RedBox appear
Some retailers are now advertising the following new RedBox sets:
The European Mercenary Light Horse are for the Wars of the Roses in England, and the rest are for the renaissance.
- 72054 - European Mercenary Light Horse
- 72063 - Landsknechts Heavy Infantry
- 72064 - Landsknechts Artillery
- 72065 - Swiss Artillery
- 72068 - Landsknechts (Heavy Pike)
|23 Mar 2015
||17th century anyone?
It looks like there are two new 17th century sets on the way. Both are from Mars, and the names and numbers are:
Test shots have already been posted on a forum, so we might assume that these will hit the market fairly soon, although there seems to be some doubt as to whether the Tartar set is well named!
- 72083 - French infantry & guards 1650-1700
- 72084 - Tartar infantry 1600-1700
|16 Mar 2015
||New Polish figures
The next First To Fight product has been revealed, and it is 'Polish Command' for 1939 of course. This is number 23 in their series, will contain 18 figures, and on past form it should be available in the next few weeks.
|20 Feb 2015
||New Strelets batch released
Although we have yet to see them for sale anywhere, we are getting reports that Strelets have released their next batch of products. There are 10 figure sets, beginning with two more for their ancient transport series...
Next there are four Napoleonic sets...
- 131 - Roman Transport no.3
- 132 - Roman Transport no.4
The Mini series also gets two new sets, both for the War of 1812...
- 133 - French Army Sledge Train 1
- 134 - French Army Sledge Train 2
- 135 - Russian Army Sledge Train 1
- 136 - Russian Army Sledge Train 2
Finally there are two WWI guns which come with significant numbers of crew figures...
- M097 - British Line Infantry in Overcoats 2
- M098 - American Militia in Winter Dress 1812
- A012 - 9.2-inch British Siege Howitzer with Crew in Winter Uniform
- A013 - 21 cm MRS10 German Heavy Howitzer with Early Crew
|13 Feb 2015
||One for the ancients
Linear-B have announced the release of their latest figure set. Numbered 078 and entitled "Mithridates Heavy Infantry", it is now available through their website.
|22 Jan 2015
||WW2 Germans released
First To Fight have released their latest set, which is German Infantry Support Weapons. Review to follow as usual.