|21 Nov 2015
||Three new Soviet sets released
Ultima Ratio have just released three new sets, all representing Soviet troops. The numbers and names are:
The first is for the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan in the 1980s, and all three sets are already at some retailers.
- UR002 - Soviet Motorized Infantry & Spetsnaz
- UR003 - WWII Soviet & Polish Infantry
- UR004 - WWII Soviet Mountain Troops
Also two new Mars sets have appeared on lists, although they are not yet released. They are:
We will have to wait and see what these sets contain, in order to decide if they are appropriate for the early or later part of the century, but if the Imperial set is suitable for the War of the Holy League (1683 to 1699) then that would be particularly good news as it would be the first set of Austrian/Imperial troops for that conflict, which famously included the siege of Vienna!
- 72092 - Spanish Field Artillery XVII Century
- 72093 - Imperial Field Artillery XVII Century
|22 Oct 2015
||New Caesar approaches
Caesar have announced some new figure sets will be appearing soon, and if you have an interest in World War II Germans then you are in luck, because that is what they all are. Set H079 has been known for a long time, but the other five are new titles. The full list of pending releases is:
All the sets will contain between 30 and 36 figures, and are figures only, so no guns etc. for the crew sets. Our understanding is these six sets will be released quite soon.
- H079 - German Infantry Tank Riders Winter (Greatcoats) Set 2
- H081 - German Infantry Marching
- H083 - German Infantry wearing Winter Smocks
- H084 - German Artillery/Howitzer Crews
- H085 - German Panzer Unit in Combat
- H089 - German Anti-aircraft (AA) Crews
|11 Oct 2015
||Ten new Strelets
Strelets have released ten new figure sets, which are:
These have already started appearing at some retailers.
- 064 - Ural Cossacks (Crimean War)
- 137 - Roman Senate 1
- M099 - Republican Roman Legion Ranks
- M100 - Roman Imperial Legion Ranks
- M101 - Roman Imperial Legion (ceremonial march)
- M102 - Republican Roman Legion (ceremonial march)
- M103 - Union of South Africa Infantry
- M104 - Japanese Imperial Airborne Troops
- M105 - Early American Infantry
- M107 - Tecumseh 1812
|6 Oct 2015
||Les lanciers sont arrivés
It's been a while since we last reported a new release, but although their website and Facebook page are silent on the subject, it seems Waterloo 1815 have released their anticipated set of French Lancers for the period 1812 to 1815. The format is the same as their recent British Dragoons - six poses with two of each - but we will bring you full details when we publish our review.
|8 Sep 2015
||Much more from the East
Some of the forums are reporting a number of new sets in development in Eastern Europe. The first such company is Ultima Ratio, who are reported to have three new sets in the pipeline as follows:
The last set is for the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan from 1979.
- UR002 - WWII Soviet Mountain Troops
- UR003 - WWII Soviet & Polish infantry
- UR004 - Soviet Motorized Infantry & Spetsnaz
Also on the horizon are yet more new sets from RedBox, surely the most impressive manufacturer currently in the hobby. Their reported new plans are:
No indication of dates of course, but plenty there to whet the appetite for many.
- 72078 - Turkish Sailors 16-17th century
- 72079 - Turkish Sailors in Battle 16-17th century
- 72080 - Turkish Sailors Artillery 16-17th century
- 72081 - English Sailors 16-17th century
- 72082 - English Sailors in Battle 16-17th century
- 72083 - English Sailors Artillery 16-17th century
- 72084 - European Light Cavalry 16th century Set 1
- 72085 - European Light Cavalry 16th century Set 2
- 72086 - Russian Warrior Monks 16-17th century
- 72087 - Russian Warrior Monks Artillery 16-17th century
- 72088 - Osman Eyalet Infantry 16-17th century
- 72089 - Osman Yeniceri Infantry 16-17th century
|16 Aug 2015
||New for 2015
Waterloo 1815 have released details of their plans for figure sets for the rest of this year. The set numbers and names not already posted on our site are:
We are not clear about whether all of these will be made in plastic. In particular, the last two may be metal or resin as their set Wellington's High Staff at Waterloo was metal. As we hear more we will of course keep you updated.
- 061 - French Line Infantry 1815 Marching
- 062 - French Line Infantry 1815 Voltigeurs
- 102 - French High Staff Cavalry Charge at Waterloo
- 103 - Lawrence of Arabia
Also the company have asked us to say that they have received criticism in the past about how rifles are held against the shoulder on their figures, and this has been addressed in future sets.
|10 Aug 2015
||RedBox summer releases are here
The sets for RedBox summer release have started appearing at some retailers. Those are the Stradioti and Jinetes sets as well as the Irish Mounted Troops and the 17th century battlefield accessories.
|6 Aug 2015
||New warriors for Mehmed IV
Mars have revealed the first of their next batch of figures. The set is number 91 and the subject is Turkish Heavy Infantry for the 17th century. More announcements will follow, but as yet we have no date for this release.
|25 Jul 2015
||Strelets' early 2016 line-up completed.
Strelets have very kindly now let us know the rest of their plans for sets to accompany the two we reported a few days ago. There are some very interesting and unusual subjects, but decide for yourself as these are the titles:
As you can see, all are from their 'mini' range, and we understand that these, plus the previous two sets, will all probably appear early next year.
- M108 - Pretorians Ranks
- M109 - Pretorians' Ceremonial March
- M110 - Spartacus Army Before Battle
- M111 - WWII New Zealand Troops
- M112 - WWII US Navy with Anti-Aircraft Machine-Gun
- M113 - Early WWII American Soldiers 2
- M114 - WWII Japanese Troops in Tropical Uniform
- M115 - Napoleonic French Sappers
|23 Jul 2015
||More, and still more
There have been no less than three new releases today, after a long spell with little activity. First we have RedBox, who have started distributing the following sets:
Also new in the shops is the latest from First To Fight, 027 - Polish Infantry Support Weapons.
- 72071 - 16th Century Russian Artillery
- 72072 - 17th Century Russian Artillery
But the good news does not end there. Waterloo1815 are working on a new set, which is World War I Italian Mountain Troops 'Alpini'. No news of release date for that yet, although their French lancers are apparently now delayed until September.