|20 Apr 2018
||Four new Strelets titles revealed
A forum has stated there are four new Strelets sets in progress. These are:
The last is Napoleonic, and probably for the last years, but we shall see.
- 159 - Union Infantry Firing
- 178 - Pickett's Charge 4
- 179 - Union Infantry in Attack 3
- 184 - French Line Infantry Standing at Attention
|11 Apr 2018
Linear-A have posted details of three new sets currently being developed. The first, set 010, is simply a second set of Germanic Warriors to match their recent release. Next we find set 014, entitled Villanovan Culture Warriors. The Villanovan culture thrived in central and Northern Italy before the Etruscans, between the 11th and eighth centuries BCE, but the set is labelled for the eighth to sixth centuries BCE. Lastly there is new set 015, 'Battle of Cunaxa 401 BC Set 1'. Cunaxa was the culminating battle of an attempted usurpation of the Persian throne, but included many mercenary Greek warriors as well as Persians.
|8 Apr 2018
||Gunners are out!
It seems the set of Polish Artillery mentioned a few days ago is already being released. The figures are different to the rest of the range in being made in a hard plastic and with some assembly required. The usual pictures and review will follow.
|5 Apr 2018
||Plenty for the future
Although their own website makes no mention of them, it appears RedBox have released details of eight new sets at an advanced stage of development. The details are:
The Chinese and Korean sets are for the 16th and 17th centuries, while the Burgundians are for the 15th.
- 72117 - Chinese Light Cavalry
- 72118 - Chinese Medium Cavalry
- 72119 - Chinese Heavy Cavalry
- 72120 - Korean Light Cavalry
- 72121 - Korean Heavy Cavalry Set 1
- 72122 - Korean Heavy Cavalry Set 2
- 72123 - Korean Guerrilla Cavalry
- 72124 - Burgundian Crossbowmen
We also hear that First To Fight are planning their first set of figures in a while, as they prepare their set 55, which is Polish Artillery. Apparently a similar German set (56) is also planned.
|18 Mar 2018
Linear-A have kindly let us know that their latest set is now shipping to retailers. The set is 'Germanic Warriors Set 1', but also subtitled 'Varus, give me back my legions', so very precisely targeted in terms of date. We will post the images soon, and we are told there will be a total of four sets in this series, two of Germans and two of Varus and his Romans. More details to follow next month, at the end of which two more sets are likely to be released by them.
|15 Mar 2018
||A new dawn for Mars?
The latest figure sets from Mars have started to reach retailers. As reported earlier, the details are:
First indications are they are of much better quality than previous 1/72 releases, so we look forward to posting pictures of them when we get them.
- 72106 - German Elite Division (Normandy 1944-45)
- 72107 - Imperial Japanese Infantry WWII
- 72108 - German Panzergrenadiers
|6 Mar 2018
||New WWII Gun announced
Strelets have released details of another new set currently in development. This is set 176 and is of a World War II Japanese Type 38 75mm Field Gun. Early masters suggest each sprue holds a gun and six crew figures.
|5 Mar 2018
||Six new releases
RedBox have started to deliver the six sets of figures recently announced. These are:
- 72111 - 16th Century Moscow Infantry (Ratniki) Set 1
- 72112 - 16th Century Moscow Infantry (Ratniki) Set 2
- 72113 - 16th Century Moscow Infantry (Pishalniki)
- 72114 - 16th Century Ukrainian Cossack (Infantry) Set 1
- 72115 - 16th Century Ukrainian Cossack (Infantry) Set 2
- 72116 - 16th Century Ukrainian Cossack (Infantry) Set 3
|4 Mar 2018
||New WWII Germans
Another company has joined the list of companies providing Germans for WWII. This time it is Mars, and their recent announcements of new WWII sets has been joined by set 72108, which is German Panzergrenadiers. It looks like this set is not too far off from release.
|25 Feb 2018
||Caesar rumoured new sets
Various forums are repeating a claim that Caesar have announced a number of new sets for their next batch of releases. Since Caesar have long ago abandoned their own website, we have no way of confirming this, but the titles being given are:
No other details are currently available, although all bar the first set are assumed to be modern.
- WW2 German Tank Riders
- Modern US Tank Crew and Soldiers
- NATO Tank Crew
- Russian and Chinese Tank Crews