|6 Oct 2015
||Les lanciers sont arrivés
It's been a while since we last reported a new release, but although their website and Facebook page are silent on the subject, it seems Waterloo 1815 have released their anticipated set of French Lancers for the period 1812 to 1815. The format is the same as their recent British Dragoons - six poses with two of each - but we will bring you full details when we publish our review.
|8 Sep 2015
||Much more from the East
Some of the forums are reporting a number of new sets in development in Eastern Europe. The first such company is Ultima Ratio, who are reported to have three new sets in the pipeline as follows:
The last set is for the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan from 1979.
- UR002 - WWII Soviet Mountain Troops
- UR003 - WWII Soviet & Polish infantry
- UR004 - Soviet Motorized Infantry & Spetsnaz
Also on the horizon are yet more new sets from RedBox, surely the most impressive manufacturer currently in the hobby. Their reported new plans are:
No indication of dates of course, but plenty there to whet the appetite for many.
- 72078 - Turkish Sailors 16-17th century
- 72079 - Turkish Sailors in Battle 16-17th century
- 72080 - Turkish Sailors Artillery 16-17th century
- 72081 - English Sailors 16-17th century
- 72082 - English Sailors in Battle 16-17th century
- 72083 - English Sailors Artillery 16-17th century
- 72084 - European Light Cavalry 16th century Set 1
- 72085 - European Light Cavalry 16th century Set 2
- 72086 - Russian Warrior Monks 16-17th century
- 72087 - Russian Warrior Monks Artillery 16-17th century
- 72088 - Osman Eyalet Infantry 16-17th century
- 72089 - Osman Yeniceri Infantry 16-17th century
|16 Aug 2015
||New for 2015
Waterloo 1815 have released details of their plans for figure sets for the rest of this year. The set numbers and names not already posted on our site are:
We are not clear about whether all of these will be made in plastic. In particular, the last two may be metal or resin as their set Wellington's High Staff at Waterloo was metal. As we hear more we will of course keep you updated.
- 061 - French Line Infantry 1815 Marching
- 062 - French Line Infantry 1815 Voltigeurs
- 102 - French High Staff Cavalry Charge at Waterloo
- 103 - Lawrence of Arabia
Also the company have asked us to say that they have received criticism in the past about how rifles are held against the shoulder on their figures, and this has been addressed in future sets.
|10 Aug 2015
||RedBox summer releases are here
The sets for RedBox summer release have started appearing at some retailers. Those are the Stradioti and Jinetes sets as well as the Irish Mounted Troops and the 17th century battlefield accessories.
|6 Aug 2015
||New warriors for Mehmed IV
Mars have revealed the first of their next batch of figures. The set is number 91 and the subject is Turkish Heavy Infantry for the 17th century. More announcements will follow, but as yet we have no date for this release.
|25 Jul 2015
||Strelets' early 2016 line-up completed.
Strelets have very kindly now let us know the rest of their plans for sets to accompany the two we reported a few days ago. There are some very interesting and unusual subjects, but decide for yourself as these are the titles:
As you can see, all are from their 'mini' range, and we understand that these, plus the previous two sets, will all probably appear early next year.
- M108 - Pretorians Ranks
- M109 - Pretorians' Ceremonial March
- M110 - Spartacus Army Before Battle
- M111 - WWII New Zealand Troops
- M112 - WWII US Navy with Anti-Aircraft Machine-Gun
- M113 - Early WWII American Soldiers 2
- M114 - WWII Japanese Troops in Tropical Uniform
- M115 - Napoleonic French Sappers
|23 Jul 2015
||More, and still more
There have been no less than three new releases today, after a long spell with little activity. First we have RedBox, who have started distributing the following sets:
Also new in the shops is the latest from First To Fight, 027 - Polish Infantry Support Weapons.
- 72071 - 16th Century Russian Artillery
- 72072 - 17th Century Russian Artillery
But the good news does not end there. Waterloo1815 are working on a new set, which is World War I Italian Mountain Troops 'Alpini'. No news of release date for that yet, although their French lancers are apparently now delayed until September.
|22 Jul 2015
||Strelets 2016 plans
Strelets have kindly let us know of a couple of new sets planned for release in 2016. The two confirmed new releases for next year are:
Others are still being considered, so we will pass on more details when we get them.
- 115 - Lawrence of Arabia
- 138 - Roman Senate 2
|15 Jul 2015
||New British heavy dragoons
Waterloo1815 have announced the release of their latest set. The number is 53 and the title is 'British Heavy Dragoons 1812-1815'. This, one of several due this year that are suitable for the battle of Waterloo, contains 12 figures and horses, and of course we will be reviewing it as soon as possible.
|3 Jul 2015
||1815 French being formed
Waterloo have published a number of pictures of masters for a future set of French Infantry 1815, including fusiliers and elites. No details of possible release dates yet, and no sign of their promised cavalry sets either, but good things seem to be on their way from this manufacturer.