|20 Jan 2019
||Two new Hat sets
Along with a number of reissues, HaT have released two new sets. These are 8286 Colonial Ox Wagon and 8287 Colonial General Service Wagon, both with the Zulu War in mind it would seem.
|15 Jan 2019
||And one more new RedBox
RedBox have now added yet another new set to their future release lineup. To match their existing Napoleonic announcements, this one is entitled Russian Line Infantry 1805-08. While no release date is known, our expectation is that these sets will not be too long in coming if past performance is anything to go by.
|14 Jan 2019
||More new Redbox
RedBox have added another confirmed title to their future release plans. Again it is a Napoleonic infantry set, this time Russian Grenadiers 1804-1808. The box art shows figures in mitre hats similar to the old Italeri Pavlov set. No release date yet, but exciting times for fans of Napoleonic Russians.
|2 Jan 2019
A new RedBox set has emerged as in the pipeline. Set 72132 Russian Light Infantry for the period 1803-07 has come to light, and generally when such RedBox sets are revealed it is not too long before they actually appear.
|31 Dec 2018
||Linear-A 2019 plans
As we end one year and look to the next, Linear-A have very kindly sent us their plans for 2019, and big plans they are too. The following are the sets that they hope to release over the next 12 months, most of which are announced for the first time.
- 010 - Germanic Warriors Set 2
- 013 - Hannibal Crosses the Alps Set 2 "Cavalry"
- 016 - Hannibal Crosses the Alps Set 3 "Elephants"
- 017 - Roman Legion Set 1
- 018 - Roman Legion Set 2
- 019 - Battle of Cunaxa 401B.C. Set 2
- 020 - Trajan`s Legion are back !!!
- 021 - Amazons "Daughter's of Ares"
- 022 - The Etruscans "Cavalry" 9th-5nd.Centuries BC Set 2
- 023 - Hannibal makes a triumphal entry to Italy Set 4
- 024 - Napoleonic Wars Surprise set
|24 Dec 2018
||New Great War announcement
Hegemony have let us know that their next set will be World War I French Chasseurs Alpins.
|22 Dec 2018
||Flood of new Strelets announcements
The boxes for the latest batch of Strelets releases contain details of a number of future sets not previously disclosed. The numbers and titles now known are:
Note set 154 was previously announced as US infantry for the ACW.
- 154 - Japanese Type 98 AA 20mm Gun
- 155 - French Line Infantry Standing at Ease
- 189 - Pom-Pom Gun with British Crew
- 190 - Mounted Rif Rebels
- 191 - Rif Rebellion
- 193 - Austrian Infantry in Overcoats on the March
- 194 - Austrian Grenadiers in Overcoats Standing at Ease
- 195 - Austrian Infantry in Overcoats Standing at Ease
- 196 - French Infantry in Summer Dress on the March
- 197 - French Infantry in Summer Dress Standing at Ease
- 198 - French Infantry in Summer Dress Standing at Attention
- M134 - WWI French Infantry in Summer Dress
- M135 - British Infantry at Gallipoli
- M136 - Turkish Infantry at Gallipoli
- M137 - WWI Turkish Assault Troops
|20 Dec 2018
||Large batch of new releases
Strelets have confirmed that they have started distributing their latest batch of figure sets. Along with a few re-releases, the following 13 sets are confirmed as now heading for the shops:
American Civil War
- 168 - Landwehr on the March
- 169 - Landwehr Standing at Ease
- 174 - Prussian Line Infantry on the March
Russo-Turkish War 1877
- 182 - 30 pdr Parrott Rifle with US Crew
- 183 - 12 pdr Whitworth Rifle with Confederate Crew
- 177 - British 15 pdr 7 cwt BL Gun
- A014 - Creusot Long Tom 155mm with Crew
World War II
- 185 - Foot Rif Rebels
- 186 - French Foreign Legion Early XX C.
So quite a wide range of subjects, and of course we will start our reviews on these shortly.
- 176 - Japanese Type 38 75mm Field Gun
- 187 - French Foreign Legion WWII
|17 Dec 2018
Hegemony have released their latest set, which is World War II Civilians. They tell us the quality has been improved, and we will post pictures and a review as usual so you can see for yourself.
|9 Dec 2018
||Two possible forthcoming releases?
As so often things are a bit confused with Strelets, but some dealers are now listing two more sets as coming, presumably soon. These are:
Neither set shows any sign of progress on the Strelets website, so we are unclear as to whether these two sets are likely to be released together with the previously announced sets later this month, or at some point next year, but we shall see.
- 188 - Pom-Pom Gun with Boer Crew
- 192 - French Foreign Legion on the March