|25 Jul 2017
||New Haller's Army
Strelets have announced a new set in the pipeline, and this time it relates to the Great War. The set is entitled 'WWI Polish Infantry (Blue Army)', which were Polish troops that fought in France with the French, and later in Poland, between 1917 and 1921.
|10 Jul 2017
||More Siege of Vienna anyone?
At last! Amazingly, there are now many sets suitable for the late 17th century wars of the Ottoman Empire, yet only today has someone thought to make a set of Imperial Habsburg infantry. Mars have finally moved to fill this gap with their latest announcement, set 72102. Joining this set is another welcome newcomer - set 72104 from Mars will be Turkish Infantry (Tufekei), again for the 17th century. Presumably not too long a delay before these sets become a reality, and very necessary they are too!
|6 Jul 2017
||Relaxed Scots anyone?
Strelets have added a previously unannounced set onto their website. Entitled 'Highlanders Standing at Ease', it is for the Napoleonic era and looks to deliver 15 poses of kilted Highland troops in relaxed positions, including officers and specialists. With so many sets in development there is no certainty yet as to when the set may be released.
|3 Jul 2017
Today three new RedBox sets have appeared at retailers. As promised, they have provided figures for the following titles:
Looks like it is turning into quite a busy summer of new releases after a quiet spring.
- 72102 - Spanish Sailors (16-17 century)
- 72103 - Spanish Sailors in Battle (16-17 century)
- 72104 - Spanish Sailors Artillery (16-17 century)
|30 Jun 2017
||Strelets boxes reveal future plans
The recent drop of Strelets releases have a number of new products previously unannounced or only hinted at online. Now we have the full details, so here are the new projects:
We have not been impressed with past artillery kits from this manufacturer, so let us hope they have improved on that as they have on their figures.
- 156 - ACW Confederate Infantry Standing
- 157 - ACW US Infantry Standing
- M130 - WW2 IJA 25mm Type 96 AT/AA Gun
- AO14 - 220 mm Schneider Howitzer
- AO15 - 155mm St Chamond Howizter
|24 Jun 2017
||Six new Caesar sets, and not all are German!
Caesar have announced six new sets on the way (and presumably very close to release). Some are replacements for old promised sets that have clearly been cancelled, and others are brand new codes. The full list is:
While WWII Germans get the lion's share of the release, it is good to see other sets still getting a chance, and we expect to hear that these have all appeared quite shortly.
- H029 - Ancient Chinese Shang vs Zhou Dynasty Troopers
- H034 - WWI French Infantry (1914)
- H096 - WWII German Sd.Kfz.2 Kettenkrad with 8.8cm Raketenwerfer 43 Gun
- H097 - WWII German Winter Unit with Pak 36 / Servants
- H098 - WWII German Fallschirmjager Heavy Weapons
- HB05 - WWII German Panzer Crews (Set 2 Winter/Greatcoat)
|19 Jun 2017
||Bumper crop from Strelets
No less than 13 new sets have started reaching retailers from the prolific Strelets today. For those who have been saving their pocket money for this day, your shopping list looks like this:
- M124 - Roman Auxiliaries Ranks
- M125 - Auxiliaries on the March
- 144 - Polish Troops in Attack
- 145 - British Infantry in Attack
- 146 - Highlanders in Attack
- 147 - Confederate Troops on the March
- 148 - Pickett's Charge 1
- 149 - US Infantry on the March
- 150 - US Troops in Attack
- 151 - US Cavalry Skirmishing
- 074 - Austro-Hungarian Honved
- M120 - Imperial Japanese Army Paratroopers
- M121 - Imperial Japanese Army Heavy Weapons Team
|12 Jun 2017
||New foes for republican Rome
We understand that Linear-A are working on a new set, entitled 'Hannibal Crosses the Alps', which it is hoped will be released later this year. No details as yet, but their German Warriors will be first, and possibly their Silk Road set will also appear this year. With their new and highly impressive temple kit already looking good, this is a busy year for them.
|11 Jun 2017
||The big guns are here
Mars have released a new set, and it is another for the Ottoman Wars, which have been so popular lately. This one is 72101 Turkish Heavy Artillery (17th Century), and as usual we will post images shortly.
|7 Jun 2017
||Hello sailor - again
Three more sets from RedBox have been revealed as coming soon. Basically the format is much the same as the recent Spanish Sailors sets, but this time the subject is their Italian brethren. Numbers and titles are:
As with the Spanish, the sets are all for the 16th and 17th centuries. Perhaps one day we will see something similar for Dutch and Portuguese sailors?
- 72105 - Italian Sailors Set 1
- 72106 - Italian Sailors Set 2
- 72107 - Italian Sailors in Battle Set 3